Wednesday 19 November 2008

Warfare Mk I

My first match for the Nottingham University B team today. Playing the A team as part of the BUSA league. Quite how good the previous B team (or possibly bad the previous A team) were last year I will never know, but clearly a glitch has caused the two to coincide.

Foil team and Epee reserve, I played three matches. I them, but I feel that I put up a suitable fight. The strength and speed of people up to three years older than myself was notably greater than that of my own, and I feel that they deserved their wins.

I tried my best to implement my theme of the week (Tranquility) and for the most part it held up fairly well. It didn't help that I was several cumulative points behind the opponent going into the fight, meaning that they could afford to let me wait and learn their techniques on piste. Time was not on my side, and neither, today, was luck.

But nonetheless, I remain unshakably ready for next week, when a different Uni sends its team, which I can only prepare for with next week's theme- Controlled Agression

No comments: