Wednesday 19 November 2008

Eye of the Storm

I have recently been incorporating a new philosophy into my fencing- Tranquility.

As a word, it means stillness, peaceful. But deeper than that, I feel it means being at peace. I realise the irony in trying to create a sense of inner peace in a sport that moves with lightning pace. The paradox therein will probably be discussed in a moment.

My technique for tranquility is based largely upon breathing, posture and attitude. Between points I like to breathe deeply and close my eyes, just to isolate myself from the tumultuous goings on of the club. It works, and I feel like the world is moving fractionally (but noticably) slower than before. This gives me more time to react to the epeeist hurtling towards me. Posture also helps because if you are imbalanced or slouched, you cannot really fence properly. It also ties in nicely with the breathing, as the deepest breaths come from the best postures.

Once in this peaceful state, I try new things- attacking from time to time, and gaining ground rather than conceding it (anyone who fences me knows that they are doing most of the work). This brings me to the title, as the eye of a hurricane is an area of incredibly low pressure, which creates the huge vortex around it and aslo becomes an area of perfect weather. I try me level best to imitate, or perhaps even become, a storm of such type.

1 comment:

Manfredi said...

Message Queen of England

Madeleine McCann la niña inglesa desaparecida en Algarve Portugal dia 3 de Mayo del 2007 aquí no hay nada de misterio es todo una comedia trabajada por los padres y porta voz.Esto son hechos reales la Historia jamas publicadas por un medio por ser prohibidos por la dirección mediática y ningún tipo de presión por parte de los McCann hacia esta publicación por ser independiente de todo tipo de ataduras medios ,políticos o poder judicial, etcétera.
pueden obtener toda la información necesaria para saber el motivo y suceso de la desaparición del cuerpo y toda su historia contada de principio a fin sin nigúna confusión puesto que aquí no hay intereses por medio va en dedicación a protección del menor y a los derechos humanos aquí hay muchos intereses tanto politicos como mediáticos que este articulo no salgan a luz.
Mensajes enviados bajo la protección del Art. 19 de la Declaración de Derechos Humanos
que estipula: "Todo individuo tiene derecho a la libertad de opinión y expresión; este derecho incluye el de no ser molestado a causa de sus opiniones
el de investigar y recibir informaciones y opiniones
y el de difundirlas
sin limitación de fronteras
por cualquier medio de expresión". Declaración Universal de los Derechos Humanos; Asamblea General de la ONU el 10.12.1948.

http://Noticias-aunnodescubiertas.blogspot.com